What is Outlook PST file?
Microsoft Outlook is professional application for messaging, maximum large, medium and small company use this application for email communication because, it is safe, secure and robust application for emailing. All the email messages stores in Outlook mailbox as PST file, therefore email clients can easily migrate data of PST file from one location to another without any data or email loss.
Import PST file to Outlook 2013/2016
- At the top of your Outlook 2016 or 2013 ribbon, choose File.If your ribbon doesn’t have a File option in the top left corner, you aren’t using an Outlook app installed on your computer. See What version of Outlook do I have? to find your version of Outlook and to get to right import steps.
- Choose Open & Export > Import/Export. This starts the wizard.
- Choose Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse to the .pst file you want to import. Under Options, choose how you want to deal with emails and contacts, then choose Next.
- If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password, and then click OK.
- If you’re importing the contents of your .pst file into your Office 365 mailbox, choose that mailbox here.If you’re NOT importing into your Office 365 mailbox, choose Import items into the current folder. This imports the data into the folder currently selected.
- Choose Finish. Outlook starts importing the contents of your .pst file immediately. It’s finished when the progress box goes away.
How to Import PST File in Outlook 2016/2013/2010 and other version of MS Outlook?
1. Open Outlook
2. Go to File – Open – Import.
3. Select Import from another program or file and click on Next.
4. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click on Next.
5. Click on Browse.
6. Select the desired .pst backup file and then click on Open.
7. Click on Next.
8. Click on Finish.
Note – If you fails in importing PST file with manual process, you can try one of the best PST Recovery software that supports all PST files created by any versions of MS Outlook and import them into MS Outlook 2016/2013/2010, Office 365 & Live Exchange Server with entire email properties.